Refined over 150 years, the production of General Snus is the perfect combination of cutting-edge science and old-world craft – all to make a product that meets strict Swedish food-grade standards.
- First, only the most premium tobacco seeds are sourced from around the world and then grown under strict supervision for a full two months.
- The harvested tobacco is air cured for up to eight weeks and then fed into a mill to be ground into fine grains.
- Salt and water are added to the fine tobacco powder for moisture, flavor and to preserve freshness.
- The tobacco blend is then steam-heated and immediately cooled to ensure consistent quality.
- Natural and artificial flavors found in everyday food products are added to enhance flavor and aroma.
- Samples of the blend undergo a strict quality check before pouches are filled, sealed, cut and arranged into our signature star formation.
- The snus is stored in refrigeration for several days, allowing it to mature, and each can is then chilled in-store for ideal flavor and freshness.
Because General is manufactured in Sweden, it is classified as a food product. This means only ingredients approved under Swedish food and health laws can be used.